CITY OF PROVIDENCE: DOCKET FOR SPECIAL CITY COUNCIL MEETING May 22
Friday, May 19, 2017
DOCKET OF THE Special Meeting OF THE CITY COUNCIL
ON May 22, 2017
COUNCIL PRESIDENT LUIS A. APONTE PRESIDING
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
CALL FOR SPECIAL MEETING
COUNCILWOMAN MATOS, COUNCILMAN CORREIA, COUNCILWOMAN RYAN, COUNCILMEN PRINCIPE, ZURIER, JENNINGS, YURDIN, IGLIOZZI AND HASSETT
1. Request filed with the City Clerk May 19, 2017, Requesting a Special Meeting of the City Council to be Called on the 22nd day of May, 2017 at 5:00 o'clock P.M., in the City Council Chamber, Third Floor, City Hall.
WARRANT FOR SPECIAL MEETING
2. Warrant of the City Clerk to David Tassoni, City Sergeant, with Return Certification that he has notified each Member of the City Council of the Special Meeting Called for 22nd day of May, 2017 at 5:00 o'clock P.M., in the City Council Chamber, Third Floor, City Hall.
APPROVAL OF A NEW RULE TO THE
PROVIDENCE CITY COUNCIL RULES
3. A Vote to Approve a new Rule to the Providence City Council Rules pertaining to the Removal of a Council President.
4. Communication from Claudia J. Haugen, Chairperson, Board of Canvassers, dated May 10, 2017, submitting the official results from the May 2, 2017 Special Referendum Recall Election pursuant to R.I.G.L. 17-22-5.2.
PRESENTATION OF RESOLUTION
5. Council President Aponte, (By Request):
Resolution Declaring a vacancy in the office of a member of the City Council from the Third Ward of the City of Providence, and ordering that a Special Election be held for the purpose of filling said vacancy in accordance with Section 206 of the Providence Home Rule Charter of 1980.
The City Council will Convene in the Chamber of the City Council, City Hall
on Monday, May 22, 2017 at 5:00 o’clock PM.
LORI L. HAGEN